Saturday, May 23, 2009

NZ's Top Trend Scrapper - Challenge 2

This week the challenge was to use packaging. I used a V can, can tabs & a V crate (for the 4 pack). This was a fun challenge & a very important LO to me. I had fun with the puns, the border is a slightly altered version of the song "100 bottles of beer on the wall".
In other news.....
It was Nicolas last day at Lighthouse Preschool on Friday. She has really enjoyed her time there & the staff feel almost like family. She even had a graduation ceremony which was so cute. I made my standard smiley face cake that the kids love, which is great cos it's so easy, cake out of packet, pour home made purple icing over & add smarties to create face. Tomorrow is the big party at Chipmunks & I have finally finished & filled the goodie tins. Cake number two was baked this morning before hockey & has been iced & decorated by Nicola & I this afternoon. I was worried cos she wanted a Dora cake, but when I went to get the tin it was already out for hire! So she is having a crown instead, well she is our princess. Big day on Monday!!!!
Daniel's hockey went really well today. It was a home game again & not raining! The final score was 12 - 1 with Daniel scoring one of those goals. He did really well today, got right in on the action, tackling, running, etc. I was so proud of him I made him my player of the day. We had a team lunch at MacDonald's afterwards which was really nice. Unfortunately there is no game next weekend cos of the public holiday, all the kids were disappointed so there will still be practise.

1 comment:

pam said...

u r an amazing, tallented awesome artist!!!!