I was so excited I opened the box at work, hehe. 3 packages inside but no instructions, just as well there is both a video & written instructions on their website. The first box contained a lot of little pieces, windows, chimney, the 3 stair cases already made up. Number 2 was the walls & number 3 was the floors & large roof pieces. The subfloor was built & taped together, I did wonder why until I shook it....
It's like Christmas! (actually better)
The detail on the handrails is mind blowing, so fine I don't know how he managed to cut it without breaking them. The kit is made of 3mm ply & not easy to cut so I have re thought some of the modifications I was planning. (A dollhouse doesn't have to be weathertight anyway)
This is the subfloor painted. I am still waiting for my bricks to arrive so I can continue. I shall add the flock grass at the end so it doesnt wear off from handling. I have not decided if I am bricking the internal walls you see through the subfloor or not, it might depend on how good I am at miniature bricklaying.
The walls came with 'weatherboard' lines scored into them. I dont like this, I want 'real' weatherboards. So off to the model shop I went & now I have a mini saw, mitre box, & plastic strips (called Evergreen ?!?) to make weatherboards. They were really easy to do & look awesome!
Now I need to think of something for the roofing......ideas?
Sooooooo.....I have ordered a 1/4" scale Victorian Villa from Laser Doll Houses in the States,
typically it isn't due to arrive here until after I am back at work and I am impatient.
To keep myself entertained I have been buying wallpaper & curtain fabric for it. I also ordered the bathroom & kitchen fittings. I bought Kaiser St. Nicolas & Tea Party 6.5" pads. I loved some of the embossed paper but not the colour so I inked them, I love how they have come out.
This is the paper for the Master Bedroom on the second floor; before inking on left.
& this is for the girls bedroom on the third floor:
Next I decided to make a cool french chaise lounger I found on Pinterest. The instructions are for 1" scale so I just reduced them. It is just made out of card with texture paste to smooth layers. It is 2 layer of card, then one each side to form the details:
Here is it after sanding and undercoating. It is interesting how the macro lens picks up details I can't see with the naked eye. The base is 3 layers of card.
Basecoats. The paints are hubbys WarHammer colours. I followed their painting method.
Topcoats which are brighter.
The legs are jewelry findings cut down to size. The base has now had top coat & wash to give it a more worn look.
For the upholstery I decided to use felt to give a velvet type look. Also then I didn't have to worry about fraying. This is how I attached it, there is glue in there too.
And here is the final product complete with the finishing touch a mini throw pillow!
So now I just have to make 2 matching chairs & I am thinking a gold grand piano if I can find dimensions of a real one somewhere.
I have been doing more sewing lately than scrapbooking. This is my latest creation.
My mum asked me to make her a doorstop for her birthday, I was so inspired I did it straight way. Here is a link to the pattern that I got from Pinterest. I made the 12cm dimension 31cm & it stands about 20cm tall. It is filled with sand & weighs 2kg. Here is another pattern for them I may try this one later...