Tuesday, July 29, 2008

Album Covers

So for some reason I decided I should make new covers for my albums instead of paying good money for something I could do myself. So far I have made 2 for Daniel & 2 for Nicola, & I think I may have created a rod for my own back!!!! LOL!! I have been using by left over sewing supplies as well as scrapping stuff. The fabric is mod podge glued onto the covers. Some fabrics worked better than others. For some reason I quilted one of Nicola's with beads & sequins, it's really cool, but it took me about a week! I want to get back to scrapping!!!! This all started cos Scott suggested I should put my pages in chronological order, which was a great idea as they are all over the place at the moment. It's really interesting looking back at how much the kids have grown & how much my style has changed.

6 comments:

Raewyn aka whinney said...

WOW WOW WOW, these covers are just gorgeous.
I have started putting the kids layouts into chronological order too, are you finding that the page protectors show signs of the layouts that were inside them, like marks of the embellishments or photos etc?

Kerry-Sue Thomson said...

Yeah Raewyn, some of the page protectors are in a bad way. Ink, smudges, dents, chalk dust, all sorts of stuff on the inside of them! Oh well.......

TracyP said...

OH these are fantastic!!! You may have inspired me to try and recover my albums which are looking real old and crusty!!

Anonymous said...

Those album covers are gorgeous! I's love to know the name of the fabric you used for the quilted one for Nicola. -Kate from Paper Pesto.

Anonymous said...

those covers are stunning! sigh.... I need another 24 hours everyday to finish some of the projects on the go at the moment! :)

Kerry-Sue Thomson said...

Sorry Kate I have no idea about that fabric. I bought it before she was born & forgot about it in a cupboard. However I do have enuff to do at least 1 more cover if u wud like it?